|First||Previous (FIRST SCHEDULE. The Scheduled Urban Districts.)||Next (THIRD SCHEDULE. Maximum Annual Liabilities in Respect of Annual Local Contributions.)|
VOCATIONAL EDUCATION ACT, 1930
Rules for Payments of Travelling Expenses.
1. In these rules—
the word “committee” means a vocational education committee which is authorised or required by this Act to pay a contribution towards the expenses incurred by members attending the meetings of such committee or a sub-committee thereof;
the word “sub-committee” means a sub-committee of a committee;
the word “contribution” means a contribution payable under this Act to a member of a committee or of a sub-committee towards the expenses incurred by him in attending the meetings of such committee or sub-committee.
2. Every member of a committee shall, at the commencement of his term of office as such member, communicate in writing to the chief executive officer of such committee the address at which he ordinarily resides, which address is referred to in these rules as the official residence of such member.
3. Every member of a sub-committee who is not a member of the committee by which he is appointed shall, on being appointed a member of such sub-committee, communicate in writing to the chief executive officer of such committee the address at which he ordinarily resides, which address is referred to in these rules as the official address of such member.
4. The contribution to be paid to a member of a committee or a sub-committee in respect of his attendance at any meeting shall be calculated on the length of the journey from the official residence of such member to the place of meeting of the committee or subcommittee and the mode of transport used for such journey.
5. Where the journey from the official residence of a member to the place of meeting of the committee or sub-committee could be made by more than one route or by different modes of transport, the journey shall, for the purposes of these rules, be deemed to have been made by the route and the mode of transport in respect of which the payment under these rules would be the least.
6. There shall be paid to every member to whom a contribution is payable under this Act, a sum calculated in the manner prescribed in the next rule in respect of each meeting of the committee or sub-committee attended by him subject to the limitation that no contribution shall be paid to any such member in respect of a meeting held at a place situate less than five miles by any route from his official residence.
7. The sum payable under the preceding rule in respect of each meeting shall be calculated as follows, that is to say, four pence for each mile of the journey from the member's official residence to the place of meeting travelled by railway, and five pence for each mile of such journey travelled otherwise than by railway.