|First||Previous (PART III. Amendment of the Electricity (Supply) Act, 1927.)||Next (SECOND SCHEDULE. Public Inquiries.)|
ELECTRICITY (SUPPLY) (AMENDMENT) (NO, 2) ACT, 1934
Works Authorised to be Undertaken.
1. Making provision for controlling the level of the water in Lough Derg between the limits of 110 (one hundred and ten) feet O.D. and 112 (one hundred and twelve) feet O.D., and for that purpose altering the weirs at Parteen Villa and Meelick, raising and extending the embankments between Parteen Villa and Lough Derg and between Lough Derg and Meelick, extending the protective works for the railway line at Killaloe, and executing divers other works.
2. Lowering the level of Lough Ree to a minimum level of 121 (one hundred and twenty-one) feet O.D., and for that purpose executing divers works.
3. Making provision for controlling the level of the water in Lough Allen between the limits of 168 (one hundred and sixty-eight) feet O.D. and 154 (one hundred and fifty-four) feet O.D., and for that purpose dredging new channels and deepening existing channels, removing and reconstructing the weir at the outlet of the said Lough, reconstructing certain bridges, and executing divers other works.
4. Altering or removing and reconstructing divers quays, harbours, landing-stages, boat-houses, roads, bridges and other existing works.
5. Executing all such other works of whatsoever nature which are incidental to, consequential on, or rendered necessary by the doing of all or any of the things mentioned in the several foregoing paragraphs of this Schedule.