|First||Previous (PART VI Miscellaneous)|
SAFETY, HEALTH AND WELFARE (OFFSHORE INSTALLATIONS) ACT, 1987
Matters for or in relation to which regulations under section 22 may provide.
1. Measures to ensure safety in case an offshore installation, or any part of such an installation, is being assembled or dismantled in waters to which this Act applies.
2. The marking and identification of offshore installations.
3. Measures to ensure the safety of structures associated with the operations carried out from offshore installations.
4. The movement of, and precautions to be taken by, hovercraft, helicopters or other aircraft referred to in section 22 (2) (b) of this Act, or vessels so referred to.
5. (a) The manner in which any prescribed activity, operation, process or other work is to be carried out on, in or from any offshore installation.
(b) The circumstances in which or the occasions on which any prescribed activity, operation, process or other work may not, or may only, be carried out on, in or from any offshore installation.
(c) The prohibition from so carrying out any prescribed activity, operation, process or other work unless, as may be prescribed, either or both of the following requirements are complied with—
(i) a person engaged in the activity, operation, process or other work has previously undergone prescribed instruction, training or instruction and training,
(ii) prescribed facilities, equipment, clothing and materials are available for use as regards the activity, operation, process or other work.
(d) The safety or suitability of any place where any prescribed activity, operation, process or other work is carried out.
6. Requirements with which prescribed facilities, equipment, clothing and materials shall comply, being facilities, equipment, clothing or materials which, in the opinion of the Minister, will if used on or in relation to an offshore installation affect the safety, health andwelfare of any person employed or working on, or working around or from any such installation.
7. (a) Measures prohibiting, either generally or in prescribed circumstances, the employment of, or modifying or limiting the hours of employment of, all persons or persons of a prescribed class, in connection with any prescribed activity, operation, process or description of manual labour.
(b) Measures requiring persons, before being employed in any prescribed activity, operation or process or prescribed description of manual labour, to undergo a prescribed medical examination.
(c) Measures requiring persons, for so long as they are employed in any prescribed activity, operation or process or prescribed description of manual labour, to undergo prescribed medical examinations at prescribed intervals.
(d) Measures requiring persons, being persons certified, by prescribed persons and in a prescribed manner, as being reasonably suspected by the person issuing the certificate of suffering from a disease which for the time being stands prescribed for the purposes of section 29 of this Act, as a condition of being allowed to continue in employment on, in or in the neighbourhood of an offshore installation, to undergo a medical examination as regards such disease.
8. Safety training.
9. Measures regulating the transport of persons and things to or from offshore installations.
10. Measures requiring the provision of prescribed fire detection equipment and of prescribed emergency equipment (including fire suppression or rescue equipment).
11. (a) Emergency procedures.
(b) The use of fire detection equipment and of emergency equipment (including that for fire suppression or rescue).
(c) Requirements as to the construction, installation, maintenance, use, testing, repair, adjustment, alteration and examination of fire detection equipment and of fire suppression or other emergency equipment.
12. (a) Accidents, injuries and disease.
(b) Prescribed occurrences.
(c) First aid.
(d) Medical treatment and medical stores.
13. Measures requiring the giving in a prescribed manner by prescribed persons to the Minister of notice of prescribed matters in prescribed circumstances.
14. (a) Requirements as to standards of accommodation and provisioning.
(b) Requirements as to supplies of fresh water.
15. The provision in offshore installations of radio facilities or radio services compatible with—
(a) facilities provided by existing maritime and aeronautical rescue units, and
(b) existing shore-based search and rescue facilities.