|Previous (SECOND SCHEDULE The Governing Body)
REGIONAL TECHNICAL COLLEGES ACT, 1992
1. The Director of a college shall, subject to the provisions of this Act, control and direct the activities of the college and shall control and direct the staff of the college in the implementation of such activities and be responsible to the governing body therefor and for the efficient and proper management of the college.
2. The Director of a college shall not hold any other office or position without the consent of the governing body.
3. The Director shall be ex officio a member of the governing body and shall be entitled to be a member of every committee appointed by the governing body.
4. The Director shall be ex officio a member of the academic council and, if present, shall preside at all meetings of that council and shall be entitled to be a member of every committee established by the council.
5. A person who, at the passing of this Act, is employed as the Principal of a college specified in column (1) of the First Schedule to this Act and is still so employed at the commencement of this Act, shall, if such person so consents, be the first Director of that college.
6. A person who is employed as the Principal of an educational institution on its establishment as a college to which this Act applies by order made under section 3 (2) of this Act shall, on such establishment and if such person so consents, be the first Director of that college.