|First||Previous (YOUTH WORK ACT, 1997)|
YOUTH WORK ACT, 1997
National Youth Work Advisory Committee
1. The term of office of a member (including the chairperson) shall be fixed by the Minister and shall not be greater than 5 years.
2. A member of the Advisory Committee may at any time be removed from membership of the Advisory Committee by the Minister if, in the Minister's opinion, the member has become incapable through ill-health of performing his or her functions, or has committed stated misbehaviour, or such removal appears to the Minister to be necessary for the effective performance by the Advisory Committee of its functions.
3. A member of the Advisory Committee may at any time resign his or her membership by letter addressed to the Minister and the resignation shall take effect from the date specified therein or upon receipt of the letter by the Minister, whichever is the later.
4. If a member of the Advisory Committee dies, resigns, becomes disqualified or is removed from office, the Minister may appoint a person to be a member of the Advisory Committee to fill the casual vacancy so occasioned and a person appointed under this subsection shall hold office for the remainder of the term of office of the member whose death, resignation, disqualification or removal occasioned the casual vacancy.
5. A member of the Advisory Committee whose period of membership expires by the effluxion of time, including a member appointed to fill a casual vacancy in accordance with paragraph 4, shall be eligible for re-appointment as a member of the Advisory Committee.
6. A member of the Advisory Committee shall not receive any remuneration for acting as a member of the Advisory Committee but the Minister may make payments in accordance with a rate determined by the Minister, with the consent of the Minister for Finance, to a member for travelling and subsistence expenses incurred by the member in respect of the business of the Advisory Committee.
7. The Minister shall fix the date, time and place of the first meeting of the Advisory Committee.